fredag 23 december 2011

Christmas

     I'm going to be a bit slow with the updating of this blog during the Christmas holidays, but that doesn't mean I'm not working. I'm working on my characters (uniting the texts, learning the lines and Uta Hagen's 6 steps) for about 30-60mins each day so that I keep it fresh.

     I was working on Lucy Thompson's (Russel's grandmother) speech yesterday. I researched her on the Internet (the most notable thing I found was an article about the trial), divided the text into units and did the 6 steps. I really liked the monologue from the first time I read it, but it wasn't until I'd researched it a bit and worked on it that I fully understood the meaning of it. It's incredibly beautiful and emotional! And so sad! She's in such a difficult place.
     Apparently, at the trial, she finished her speech by turning from the Shepard's to her grandson, Russel, and said:
     "I want you to know that your grandmother loves you with all her heart."

     But now I am in Stockholm, enjoying my holiday. A funny thing I've noticed is that the cold in Sweden is much different from the one in Scotland. The air in Scotland is so much more damp, so when it gets cold it really creeps into the clothes which makes it feel so much more worse, whilst the cold in Sweden is much "dryer" which makes it much nicer and fresher. I love it!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar